Terms extended for current Board members of the Northern Ireland Police Fund
Justice Minister Naomi Long has extended the appointments of two current Board members of the Northern Ireland Police Fund until 30 September 2023.
Alice O’Kane and Colin Caughey were first appointed as NIPF Board members on 1 April 2020 for a period of three years. The extended term will mean that they will continue to serve in their current role until 30 September 2023.
Justice Minister, Naomi Long said: “I am extending these appointments by six months. I am grateful to those members who are able to commit to a further period of service and thank all members for their work, particularly during the challenging circumstances of the last number of years.”
NIPF is an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) of the Department of Justice. The NIPF provides financial assistance, advice, support and care to members and former members of the Royal Ulster Constabulary GC, the Royal Ulster Constabulary GC Reserve, the Police Service of Northern Ireland, the Police Service of Northern Ireland Reserve and their families and dependents, who have been killed or injured by terrorism.
Notes for editors
- The Northern Ireland Police Fund (NIPF) is an Executive Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) of the Department of Justice.
- The NIPF Board shall consist of a Chairperson and six Board members. One of the Board members is nominated by the Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland and one is nominated by the Police Federation for Northern Ireland, subject to the approval of the Department.
- The procedure for the appointment of Board members is compliant with the Commissioner for Public Appointments Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice. The appointments are made by the Department of Justice taking account of its statutory duty under The Northern Ireland Police Fund Regulations 2016.
- The post does not attract remuneration.
- More information on the NIPF and biographies of each of the Board members can be found on the NIPF website: https://www.nipolicefund.gov.uk
- For media enquiries contact the Department of Justice Press Office at email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted out of hours on 028 9037 8110.